Friday, April 18, 2008


hey kids,

So it's been a really energizing, really productive few weeks--i had to ready a work for an exhibition called TH&B, another performance structure, this time riffing on the idea of a precious singer-songwriter's stool. Mine has a hood, possibly as a way to cater to the anxieties and pretensions of the average North American musician (I include myself in that group.) Anyway, I am really happy with the work, and the exhibition opening turned out beautifully, something like 700 people in attendance.

Mind you, I did get a bit behind in work for the monotheatrum, so this week I blitzed it and managed to finally start erecting the dome section of the sculpture. I don't have much time to monkey around with now, so the dome has to come together and the skin has to be applied quickly and, God help me, painlessly.

It's great to be alive right now.

No comments: