Monday, February 11, 2008

bending wood pt.2




so i am posting this image because it shows my very first official concept drawing of the monotheatrum. it has a sort of groovy vibe to it---it looks to me like a shed where hobbits would go to get away from their parents and smoke up-- so i have modified the design slighty, injecting a little more lutheran shipbuilder uptightness.

the only reason i am posting this picture is that it helps me retain my optimism, something i sorely need after my weekend of failed wood bending. the steaming and bending of wood went as predicted, i just wasn't ready to witness the PVC tube i used for a steam box wilt like a dandelion stem before my very eyes. Steam is hot apparently. Not to worry, after a little more research and a small investment in something called 'schedule 80' PVC, i will now reconstruct the steamer. I am abiding by the following instructions should anyone care: http://www.geocities.com/bawanewsletter/steambox/steambox.html

No comments: