Wednesday, May 21, 2008

lighting and interior


hey,

not much time. but today we finished up the lighting, some of the final details, and installed a sound component in the interior--basically 35 minutes of me trying to keep my guitar and voice in pitch. but the illusion works, you can sit in the gallery space and experience a singer tucked into a yurt of felt, trying to work out his issues between himself and the cosmos.

Tomorrow is the opening reception, which I hope I won't be too stunned to enjoy it, in a few weeks we will bring in some musicians to test it out live with an audience.

All in all, a very good experience, and hopefully the dawn of some further experiments in performance venue design.

cheers
t

1 comment:

Ninja said...

May 30th - Ninja and Special K came to the Hamilton Art Gallery and I visited your installation. Which I absolutely adored. I am sorry I did not ask your permission to tape the exhibit, but I did. Please let me know if this is unacceptable and I will remove the podcast. But perhaps you will agree to allow it to stay posted because my listeners love my visits to art galleries and museums. (I do not profit in any way from my podcast btw).

Ninja
http://www.ninja-radio.com/