Wednesday, May 14, 2008



well hoopass,

everything trucked over without incident and got dumped into the Art Gallery of Hamilton, into a little room called the Young Gallery. Even laid out in pieces on the floor the sculpture started to percolate with a strange kind of kabuki-eskimo ceremonial hut-like energy. Mostly I think that's good. It will certainly add some gravity to the performances when they happen.

We had the structure assembled in about 15 minutes or so, and with a team of four people, came together fairly effortlessly (my props go out to greg, paula, tina, and ben for their help). I then cut two flaps for the entrance and was able to join the entranceway into the dome. The felt sags in some places, and I have managed to bleed on it twice, but it's hopefully nothing a little creative lighting can't fix.

I'll write a little more on the interior next time.

No comments: